Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Foodbuy is the industry’s leading Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) focused on being a world-class provider of foodservice and hospitality purchasing, supply chain and support services, renowned for our great people, our great services and our great results. The BuySmart Support team is a key component of our support services strategy helping Customers across the US and Canada on issues and inquiries related to purchasing. The Resolution Specialist plays a key role with providing support to both Compass Sector Associates (internal customers) and our Foodbuy Members (external customers) with a variety of different support requests.
***Candidate must be able to work any shift within the hours of operation of 7am – 7p Mon – Fri (ET).***
- Communicate and live the company’s purpose, core values, and vision
- Interact with customers via inbound, outbound telephone calls, and requests through our Remedy system
- Provide support and education for our purchasing programs and processes. Examples of this:
- Pricing questions
- Quality assurance concerns
- Where to buy products- food and non-food items
- How programs work (linen, chemicals, smallwares, broadliners, etc.)
- Vendor Performance relative to order accuracy, product quality, delivery and customer service
- Use computer system to track, gather information, and/or troubleshoot for resolutions to customer inquiries
- Must be able to meet our Service Level Agreements assigning cases in the system and keep the customers updated on where the case is in the process
- Provide guidance to customers using e-procurement platforms (MyOrders and/or OneSource)- able to interpret product descriptions, support with alternatives, assist customer with adding products to Managed Order guides and provide process for Special Order needs
- Work directly with distributors and manufacturers nationwide to get answers to customers’ questions and provide resolutions for issues that arise
- Escalate issues as appropriate to Supervisor/Manager
- Continually strive for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency of support services, processes and technology being used to enhance customer experience
- Represent BuySmart Purchasing Support Desk in Supplier and Customer Meetings
- Knowledge of technology required to facilitate day-to-day business and identify process improvement opportunities
- Support all Foodbuy purchasing programs, customers’ needs, and/or strategic initiatives
- Implementation of Foodbuy policies and procedures
- Work on special projects- independently and as part of a team
- Update shared site as information changes and share the knowledge with team.
- Other duties as required
- Strong knowledge of customer care techniques and processes
- Exceptional analytical and listening skills
- Experience with working in a call center environment
- Collaborative – works well as a member of a team
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability multi-task while supporting inbound calls & cases
- Flexibility to adapt to ever changing business needs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Spanish or French a plus
- High level of Integrity and Ethics
- Advanced computer skill sets in working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in working with Case Management Software (i.e. Remedy) and Phone Queue technology (i.e. Cisco Agent)
- Completion of undergraduate degree and/or equivalent business experience in customer service
- Purchasing/procurement experience a plus
- Hospitality or foodservice experience a plus
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 868430