Company Name: Smith’s Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service and direct and supervise all functions, duties, and activities of the front-end. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store and make suggestions about products.
- Develop adequate scheduling to balance customer volume with associate needs.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Understand inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Lead Front End team by supporting service expectations such as, but not limited to, QueVision, money services, and self-checkout goals.
- Ensure that customers’ needs are addressed quickly and professionally.
- Conduct daily huddles with front-end associates to discuss service standard and results.
- Perform cash loans and pick ups from all store registers throughout associates’ shifts using the VeriBalance system and safe procedures; verify safe counts at the beginning of the shift and balance safe at the end of shift.
- Manage breaks and lunches for all front-end associates, including cashiers, baggers, service booth clerks, fuel clerks, and relief help.
- Observe, coach, and encourage all front-end associates on a daily basis on all front-end expectations (e.g., proper checking techniques, engagement, QueVision, self-checkout lead behaviors, proper bagging techniques, etc.).
- Follow procedures to limit shrink (e.g., checking for items on bottom of basket, scanning all items, avoiding manual hand rings, proper use of gold slips, close the loop, follow up with all register operators, etc.).
- Ensure that all current customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks/ issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Oversee and manage the efficient operations of all front-end functions and activities.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Successful completion of checker, U-scan, service booth, and bagger training
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (e.g., counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be 21 or older
- Current alcohol sellers permit or ability to obtain once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- Cashier, retail, or management experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Smith’s: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || Payson || 632 S 100 W || 84651 || Smith’s Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None