Location: Los Angeles Apt, Terminal 4 (LAX-TRM4)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43936
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Hubs & Gateways Team or Stations within the Customer Experience Division.
Responsible for ensuring a high performing operation by leading, engaging, coaching and developing front-line team members. Also responsible for supporting their teams’ efforts in creating a safe, reliable operation while delivering an elevated customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Drives operational excellence
- Creates an environment that cares for our frontline team members and celebrates the team successes
- Leads airport team to perform their work in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations including DOT, FAA and other government agencies
- Provides frontline team exceptional support through a variety of mechanisms in order for them to deliver superior customer service
- Coaches and mentors frontline team members in skill development, customer service elevation and company culture behaviors
- Promotes an environment of mutual respect and trust between frontline team members
- Establishes and promotes effective relationships with external and internal customer base that fosters compassion, authenticity, integrity, respect and dignity
- Provides the direction and appropriate support structure using effective resources to enable the team to deliver high performance
- Assesses operational environment and conditions to ensure corporate and local scorecard metrics are fulfilled through collaboration across departments and levels
- Ability to work extra hours when there are operational needs
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Previous airport customer service experience
- 2 years experience leading others
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and functional automation applications
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to bring out the best performance in the workforce through proactive employee engagement and support for an inclusive working environment
- Ability to actively listen – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical thinking ability – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of self, team members and the operation to make improvements or take corrective action
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness
- Ability to use sound business judgment to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate station activities and collaborate with multi-functional departments and agencies to ensure essential needs are met for a safe, efficient, on-time operation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Has USPS clearance or the ability to obtain USPS clearance. USPS has a five-year United States residency requirement
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43936