Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support II
Requisition #: 82319
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring for multiple Customer Resource Representatives to join our Call Center team. Our next group of hires will ideally start on Monday September 13th and start a 90 day in-house training program. Interviews will take place the first 2 weeks of August.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of a high school diploma and must have working experience with medical terminology in a healthcare call center environment. Apply today!
Provides excellent customer service to internal and external callers in a polite, helpful, and professional manner. Acts as an expert in department services, including telephone triage support services, physician answering service, and physician referral services. Provides callers physician referrals, information related to hospital programs, educational classes, and other requests related to hospital services and physician practice. Supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- No professional certifications required
- 1 year of experience in word processing
- 1 year of college or advanced medical secretarial training
- 2 years of experience in a call center or telephone handling
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Windows competency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using correct English grammar
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Must have a basic understanding of medical terminology
- Able to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Must possess a clear and professional voice for calls and announcements
- Must be detail oriented and self-directed
- Must possess problem-solving skills
- Receives telephone inquiries from callers and transfers or refers to appropriate department (e.g., nurse telephone triage line, physician referral service, appropriate hospital department or physician practice) or outside office using approved transfer and referral procedures.
- Understands and is proficient in all department resources, programs, and applications available to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Uses public address system as requested by authorized personnel for announcing urgent and specific hospital-related announcements.
- Screens all patient assistance calls and provides specific information as requested by parents, doctors, and authorized hospital personnel.
- May assist with administrative support to the department as needed (e.g., filing, scanning, restocking supplies).
- Exhibits superior customer service and maintains a quality standard consistent with the goals of the department.
- Interacts professionally and in a calm manner with callers to acquire necessary information.
- Enters demographic and clinical information in tools for clinical advice calls and registration purposes to support care coordination efforts.
- Handles a high volume of calls and adjusts skills to meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Supports continuing improvement of quality and service.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 2, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Revenue Cycle – Patient Financial Services