Job Title: Customer Operations Specialist – Major Incident Manager
Job Function: Customer Operations/Services
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full time
Does a role that has fantastic scope to develop your technical expertise and knowledge sound interesting?
Would you like to join a company that will invest in your career and help you develop your skills and knowledge that makes you feel valued?
We have an opportunity available to join our services team as a Major Incident Manager (MIM). You will work as part of a winning team that is on an amazing journey to turn Insight into a global services provider.
The MIM sits within the customer operations area of EMEA services function and is essentially responsible for putting out major fires within client accounts whenever they occur. When not running major incidents, you will be responsible for
This role requires someone who can remain calm under pressure and be confident in their management of high intensity situations and is quick to understand the paths they can take to reach a positive outcome.
This vital role would be ideal for a flexible individual with a high degree of autonomy and proven experience of implementing, managing, and delivering Major Incident Management.
- Forming collaborative action plans with specific actions, roles and deadlines, and ensuring these are completed within IT & Infrastructure related incidents
- Management of people, processes and resources including third parties – including resolving conflict to move forward to resolution
- Being accountable for resolving the outage via workaround or permanent fix
- Ensuring all administration and reports are maintained and up to date
- Supporting and nurturing process improvements and knowledge base improvements
- Continually maintaining and developing tools and resources to manage major incidents effectively
- Implement workflow management across all Services and clients, ensuring adherence to contracted SLA’s.
- Extensive experience of major incident management, including the design and implementation of best practices aligned to ITIL methodologies.
- Experience of incident and request fulfilment processes.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Proven ability of measuring SLA’s and KPI’s and delivering value to the organisation.
- The logical thinking skills to understand highly complex situations and information, identify issues, gather, collate, and sift information
- A flair for presenting complex and contentious information to a large technical and/or non-technical audience and articulating technical requirements from a business specification.
- Ability to lead, provide a vision and work in and a part of a fast-paced environment.
- Continuously looking for improved ways of working to ensure a lean and efficient service is delivered to minimise downtime.
We believe that by giving you the freedom to think big and empower you to reach your full potential, together we will achieve the best outcomes. Along with excellent benefits and a compelling reward package, we offer the opportunity to work in a supportive environment with a high level of autonomy and creativity – there’s a reason our average employee tenure is over 6 years.
We strive to display our three core values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony every day. They represent and drive who we are here at Insight and by doing so we are doing amazing things. Insight started in a garage in 1988 and it is through harnessing our three core values that two brothers, Eric and Tim Crown, steered Insight to the Fortune 500 company it is today. We are now a Global IT Services and Solutions business, passionate about helping customers and the real people who sit behind them.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving diversity and equality within our organisation. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage you to apply.
We will endeavour to contact you within five business days, should we feel your profile is a good match for this role. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please presume that on this occasion, your application was not successful.
A full job description will be provided upon application.