Additional Locations: Open to remote employees for this role
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Applies principles of organizational psychology, adult education & training assessment to Boston Scientific Endoscopy’s Medical Device training curriculum for Healthcare Professionals including but not limited to physicians, nurses, technicians, etc. Responsible for applying proven adult learning principles and methodology to skills training curriculum development to maximize impact, effectiveness, and adoption.
Works as a consultant on multiple education curriculum development projects to define learner criteria, objectives, content outline, skills assessment, and curriculum delivery design methods – and drawing the expertise needed from HCP and internal SMEs. Works closely with Learning Analysis & Assessment Manager, Learning Enablement Manager & with outside vendors on transitioning from framework to execution of final product. Develops multi-faceted education plan including multi-media to meet objectives; may be responsible for own projects or assist on execution of projects.
Contributes to the development of effective train the trainer strategy for courses, as well as longer term research and measurement strategy for BSC Endoscopy Education Programs (looking at accelerators to long term procedural adoption).
Collaborates with all Education Team members, SMEs, Marketing, Sales training, Marketing Management, Chief Medical Officer, Global stakeholders, Regulatory, IT and Legal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develops or assists on comprehensive outlines for each project – job task analysis, defining learner criteria, curriculum mapping, skills consensus, skills objectives, evaluation methods, technical assessment, measure ROI around procedural outcomes
- Develops plans to create curriculum content and medium – either in house, with vendor resource or in conjunction with Learning Enablement Manager
- Develops Skills Assessment tools for education programs – that can be used to measure both learner and program effectiveness
- Responsible for applying proven methodology (Delphi method, expert consensus etc.) to skills training curriculum development to maximize effectiveness and adoption or assists Learning Analysis & Assessment manager in collecting/collating this data.
- Works as a consultant on multiple education curriculum development projects to define learner criteria, objectives, content outline, medium, evaluation methods and criteria
- Responsible for developing & delivering effective train the trainer strategy, as well as longer term research and measurement strategy for BSC Endoscopy Education Programs (looking at long term procedural adoption.)
- Outlines barriers to procedural adoption and develops a plan to mitigate.
- Collaborates with all Education Team members, SMEs, VPs of Marketing, Marketing Management, Chief Medical Officer, Global stakeholders, Regulatory, IT and Legal.
- Acts with speed, agility, and adaptability
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all team members to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners including but not limited to: Education team, SME’s, IT, Legal, Reg, EDUCARE COE, Sales, Product Marketing, Market Development, Medical Affairs, Education, Integrated Marketing Communications, HEMA, Sales Training, Regional Education stakeholders to ensure alignment and clear direction.
- Keeps abreast of current emerging educational technology and brings best practices to the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in adult education & training assessment
- Large cross-functional project team experience
- Masters preferred in an appropriate area for assessing human individual and team performance. Areas of specialty could include education, instructional systems design, instructional design, training, medical device education, and development
- Consulting experience a plus
- Works under minimal supervision
- Strong organization, execution, and communication skills
- Candidate to be comfortable in front of all levels of the organization as well as external customers
- Candidate to have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships within project teams
- This is an individual contributor role with opportunity to work cross functionally
Requisition ID: 489316
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.