What We Offer!
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full time employees
- Anniversary Award – $500 per year after 2 years
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid group life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
In the role of Culinary Prep Cook and as a member of the Dining & Hospitality team, you will prepare nutritious, appetizing and attractive meals in a smooth, efficient, and ensure safe operations of the kitchen area.
Culinary Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Review and complete assigned tasks to prepare the type and quantity of meats, vegetables, salads and/or soups, and desserts required for the upcoming meal services. This includes, but is not limited to: preparing salads, sandwiches, sides, jello, puddings, pastries, prepping vegetables, fruits, meats, baking, etc.
- Prepare food using Holiday menus and recipes and portion control, while followingsafe food-handling procedures.
- Fill condiments prior to meals as needed, setup dessert cart, assist cooks in serving, and portion fruit for next days’ breakfast cart.
- Clean all food-serving and food service areas and equipment, including ovens, fryer, hood, filter, etc as assigned. Wash and store pots and pans as needed.
- As a team member of the Food service staff ensure smooth, efficient, and safe operation of the Kitchen area and meal service. This may include assisting with serving or dishwashing on a relief basis.
- Assist in putting away all leftovers, labeled, dated, and marked for a designated reuse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent
- 6+ months of kitchen food preparation preferred
- General knowledge of cleaning and sanitation
- General knowledge of safe food-handling practices
- Effective communication skills in English
- Ability and willing to cross-train in the areas of serving, dishwashing, and cooking inorder to provide additional staffing resources as needed.
- Ability and willing to follow standards and procedures, and accept direction & trainingand work as part of a team
Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. Today, over 30,000 older adults in over 260 communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 221 of its communities in 2020. Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Req ID: 91144