Requisition ID: 234765
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/17/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what costumers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a CSA Architect for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. Position will be responsible for plans and conducts work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, application, adaptation and modification of standard architectural techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems encountered
The CSA Architect is principally responsible for:
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the architectural work for a global business unit, a project or staff group. This involves the preparation of original designs layouts, details, drawings and specifications.
- Examines problems with conflicting design requirements, sketches ideas and possible solutions.
- Examines and reports on the suitability of unconventional materials, techniques and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Prepares architectural reports for clients as required.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendations.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment, work and material specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations.
- Coordinates architectural efforts in assigned areas with specialty groups, engineering disciplines, the client, vendor, contractors, construction and other functional groups.
- When delegated, provides guidance to other architectural personnel for specific tasks or project-subgroups.
- Assists in on-the-job training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluation.
- Responsible for the activities on a medium size project in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineering supervisors, engineers, specialists, scientists, designers and drafters.
- Advertises complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
- Requires a broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- Requires a good knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices and supervisory experience.
- Responsible for a portion of the activities on a major or medium size project, or a relatively small size project in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to engineers, scientists, technicians, designers and drafters.
- Regularly informs the senior Engineering Supervisor, Chief Engineer, or Project Engineer of technical activities, staffing, budgets and schedules.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendations.
- Requires knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- Requires a basic knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices.
Qualifications and Skills
The CSA Architects shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
Bachelor’s degree in an architecture from an accredited college or university, OR a license to practice architecture from a recognized licensing board, OR a sufficient number of specialized courses in architectural design, planning, materials engineering, construction methods and related engineering equivalent to one of the above, AND
practical work experience to the extent necessary to perform the responsibilities outlined above. This practical work experience must be primarily in architecture, but may be supplemented by relevant experience in allied phases of the building industry.
- Technical knowledge of architectural concepts, techniques, materials and construction methods. Working knowledge of planning, control methods.
- Understanding of the application of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), relevant Bechtel design guides on projects, and of architecture to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Familiarity with construction practices and economics.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for architectural design including computer aided design (CAD), both 2-D and 3-D, and relevant Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs).
- Current knowledge of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to architectural work.
- Skill in assessing the scope of problems and developing practical solutions.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.