This position will report to the Crude Oil Marketing Supervisor and will be responsible for providing operational support and expertise to the Marketing & Midstream group as well as Production Operations. This position will include crude oil scheduling with a primary focus on the Eagle Ford and Equatorial Guinea (EG) assets for the following commodities: Crude Oil, Condensate and LPGs (for EG). The position will interact internally with the Marketing team, Production Operations, Production Revenue Accounting, Marketing Accounting and externally with midstream service providers including pipeline companies, trucking companies and vessel owners/operators.
- Planning and scheduling Marathon’s Eagle Ford crude oil and condensate production.
- Planning and scheduling Marathon’s Equatorial Guinea condensate and LPG production.
- Work closely with and provide operational support to the Crude Oil Marketers for Eagle Ford and EG assets.
- Learn to utilize the functionality of the Endur Crude Oil Contracts, Trading and Scheduling system.
- Monitor and update crude oil marketing deal capture system (Endur/Allegro).
- Assist with planned transition to Allegro Crude Oil Contracts, Trading and Scheduling system.
- Provide analytical assistance (including but not limited to pricing, volume and logistics) to Crude Oil Marketers and Crude Oil Marketing Management.
- Fully understand the pricing and scheduling of Marathon’s crude oil transactions so that you can assist various groups (Accounting/Asset Teams/Other) in better understanding Crude Oil Marketing activities.
- Develop contacts with production personnel, pipeline representatives, and external counterparties in order to facilitate the above activities.
- Establish and maintain relationship with Production Revenue Accounting and Marketing Accounting personnel in order to facilitate correct month end booking of pricing and volume data for crude oil and condensate production.
- Provide back-up coverage as required for other crude oil scheduling desks (Bakken, Permian, ORB).
- Assist with other special projects in Marketing/Midstream group as required.
- Available and on call 24/7 for the prompt handling of any business critical issues that may arise in logistical management and transportation of Eagle Ford and EG oil and condensate production. Liaison with EG Operations may require occasional early morning communication/interaction due to time zone differences.
- Flexibility / Adaptability to Change
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on time critical activities
- Vendor / Relationship Management
Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Major Discipline: Business, Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain or Marketing preferred
Experience Required: Accounting, Finance, Transportation, Crude Oil Logistics or Marketing related activities preferred. Prior experience with Endur/Allegro preferred (but not required). Prior knowledge and experience of Eagle Ford basin and/or marine logistics preferred.
Travel: Less than 10%
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Land, Marketing and Commercial || Other Corporate Functions || || 30848 ||