BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for overseeing the receiving, shipping, crossdocking and yard jockey functions. Duties include:
- Evaluating the daily volume of receiving, cross dock and shipping to establish staffing requirements for each department to achieve a 24 hour turn of merchandise
- Ensuring all merchandise is received accurately and in accordance with BJ’s policies and procedures
- Assuring vendor charge backs (VCB) are documented timely
- Monitoring the cross dock process to maximize merchandise flow through the distribution center Managing the shipping process to ensure all merchandise is loaded in accordance to BJ’s standards
- Achieving 100% asset integrity as merchandise moves through the distribution center
- Overseeing the safe and timely movement of all drop and outbound trailers
- Maintaining a safe work environment by enforcing BJ’s safety policies and procedures
- Developing and coaching direct reports to achieve department performance goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Logistics
- 3 to 5 years distribution or warehousing management experience
- Proficient in fundamentals of distribution management
- Prior cross dock/warehouse management system experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.