Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About this role:
This role promotes commercially approved company products as part of a team through education of current and potential customers, implant and patient clinic coverage within a defined region by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within product segments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serves as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of device implant coverage, basic troubleshooting, programming, and patient follow-up of company products.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms.
- Attends device implants in the labs and operating room of hospital accounts and performs patient follow-up to assure customer and patient success with the implanted products.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, product presentations, participation in conferences) and assists in identifying key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
- Follows company and divisional guidelines for managing commercial inventory.
- On-call duties may be required from time-to-time, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- 0-2 years’ work experience with bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Science, Math, Business, Nursing preferred and/or equivalent technical work experience.
- The ability to understand, communicate and train others in the use and understanding of complex medical device software algorithms as it pertains to device therapy and diverse disease states.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the medical community including patients.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly motivated team where flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment are paramount and urgency often dictates a dynamic work schedule.
- Ability to take rotational 24/7 call with a sales team involving holidays, weekends.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively where daily schedule varies by hours worked and tasks managed while remaining accountable to company, region and team goals.
- Previous experience working in an Electrophysiology (EP) Lab, device clinic and/or Cardiac Catheterization (Cath) Lab.
- Medical device sales, sales support, clinical education and/or clinical research experience.
Requisition ID: 483324
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.