Requisition ID: 236399
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/29/2021
This is a Bechtel Short-Term Assignment of 6 -9 months
The ML2 Project is the design and construction of a launch platform for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The purpose of ML2, located at Kennedy Space Center (KSC), is to provide a launch platform for the Space Launch System (SLS), an advanced launch vehicle that will fill America’s need for deep space missions. ML2 includes many different subsystems that must operate and fit within the constraints of the structure and provide a physical interface with KSC launch sites’ ground systems.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- 3D modeling of piping and equipment and isometric extraction in Creo/Pro-E.
- Preparation of drawings/documents for General Arrangements and piping isometrics drawings.
- Assist with coordination of 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines.
- Assists with plans and schedules and prepare/maintain design procedures, standards to provide quality design documents.
- Interface with stress and pipe support engineers, construction, and suppliers during the preparation of piping designs for the purpose of model/space control, etc..
- Perform coordination review of specifications and other documents prepared by others.
- The candidate should possess knowledge of piping codes such as ASME B31.3 or B31.1.
- Level 1: Designer – AA/AS degree or certification in engineering or drafting/design with 6 years experience or; 12 years related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 2: AA/AS degree or certification in engineering or drafting/design with 9 years experience or; 15 years related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with a 3D solid modeling package. Creo preferred – Will consider ProE, SolidWorks, etc.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
- Piping, equipment and assembly modeling experience.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.1 and/or B31.3 piping codes.
- Creo Piping/Modeling Experience.
- Previous Bechtel project experience.
- Prior NASA/ML design experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.