Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 134092
Employment Status: Regular – Part Time
This position is responsible for the processing of materials and equipment for patient care, operating room and ancillary departments in accordance with established policies and procedures for decontamination assembly, packaging and sterilization.
Ensures processing and re-assembly of medical supplies, equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established productivity measures. (50%)
- Inspects instrumentation and equipment for cleanliness, defects and proper working conditions prior to packaging 100% of the time.
- Maintains an accuracy percentage of complete instrument trays processed 100% of the time.
- Ensures all associated documentation is complete and initialed 100% of the time.
- Effectively processes and packages all assigned equipment within established parameters 95% of the time.
- Ensures that equipment to be repaired/inspected is picked up/delivered as required on a daily basis.
Ensures consistent and effective flow of communication. (15%)
- Meets with Supervisor, Processing weekly to jointly analyze areas of opportunity for improvements of services.
- Attends 90% of departmental monthly meetings.
- Schedules open forum meeting with Department Director at least once a month.
Maintains a continuous quality assurance program. (30%)
- Maintains 100% attendance at all safety, infection control and security related programs.
- Maintains 90% attendance at department monthly in-services.
- Enrolls in at least two (2) Center for Career Development courses in an academic year.
- Participates in at least one (1) Quality driven focus group annually.
- Maintains and interprets sterilization monitoring records in compliance with standardized recommendations on a daily basis.
- Ensures work area is cleaned and prepared for the next volume of processed material 95% of the time.
Ensures compliances and demonstrates knowledge of all mandated safety programs. (5%)
- Ensures appropriate dress codes are followed and enforced 100% of the time.
- Timely adherence to internal and external emergency plan occurs 100% of the time.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in a central supply or O.R. processing area.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: CRCST, RCST or CST.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of hospital personnel.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform varied tasks with minimal supervision.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146