Req Id: 322294
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
BCE is seeking a lawyer with exceptional written advocacy skills and a keen interest in policy to join its Legal & Regulatory Affairs team in Toronto.
As a lawyer in the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team you will be part of a dynamic group of legal, business, and policy professionals working on a variety of issues of strategic importance to Bell’s operations. You will advance the business interests of Bell’s residential, business, wireless, and media business units through advocacy before government departments and regulatory agencies such the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and the Competition Bureau.
Reporting to the Vice President, Legal and Regulatory, you will support the company’s business objectives through your skillful advocacy, diligence, and ability to understand and advance Bell’s strategic interests. You will be responsible for:
- Researching and drafting submissions on a range of regulatory and policy issues, in collaboration with colleagues from across Bell’s business units and the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team
- Developing and advancing Bell’s strategy in the key strategic areas of wireless regulatory and competition policy
- Staying on top of the latest developments and best practices in emerging areas of telecommunications law and regulation and translating those into practical advice
- Working closely with your business and finance colleagues to produce persuasive economic, technical, and other evidence to support Bell’s participation in regulatory processes and related litigation
- 4 or more years of competition law, litigation, regulatory or other advocacy- or policy-focused experience in a law firm, corporation, or government department
- Exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to independently draft clear and persuasive submissions based on extensive evidence and involving complex policy issues
- Ability to understand data and deploy it effectively in advocacy
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong analytical ability
- Team player who enjoys collaborating to complete large and important projects
- Insatiable curiosity and an innate desire to learn and master new subjects
- Called to the Bar in Ontario or Quebec
Other valued competencies:
- Ability to apply diverse experience and perspectives to identify new issues and recommend new approaches to benefit the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team and BCE
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively using PowerPoint
- Experience advising internal or external clients on competition law issues
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Position Level: CP4
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 09/28/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto