What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Savannah Container (Box) Plant, which manufactures corrugated boxes, currently has an opening for a Corrugator Superintendent.
Front Line Leader for the Corrugator department is responsible for the supervision, directing and leadership of one or more assigned shifts of hourly employees in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Oversees all corrugator supervisors and employees in the areas of safety, productivity, quality and housekeeping, while leading and motivating employees to work efficiently and effectively, ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance of all quality checks; coordinate upkeep of machinery with Maintenance team to minimize downtime; assist in troubleshooting machine problems.
- Oversees training employees, planning and assigning work.
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any issues that might affect overall production or plant operations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College and or technical coursework preferred.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Action – oriented
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Express interest by applying online at www.IPWorksForME.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.