When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Expense FP&A CVP has a direct responsibility over Corporate Finance area and a liaison/support responsibility over other Corporate areas in order to oversees Corporate area expense forecasting, analysis, and reporting. This role will work closely with the Finance leadership team to provide meaningful analytics and thorough understanding of expenses to drive efficiencies and resource optimization. This role will be responsible for developing and instituting best practices for expense reporting and monthly close in the Finance department and partner with Expense Management leads in other Corporate areas to influence and implement best practices across the Corporate functions. The individual in this role will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with Corporate Expense Management leads to optimize expense reporting, analysis, and processes throughout the Corporate areas.
- Design and develop expense management best practices for reporting, analysis, and insights that provide transparency and identify action items
- Dive deeply into Finance expense data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights
- Identify and research variances to expense forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Prepare presentations that effectively frame decisions which need to be made with insightful analysis supporting the recommended decisions and action items clearly outlined for execution
- Understand the various Finance department activities and determine the appropriate accounting treatment along with associated allocations and underlying drivers
- Partner directly with the Corporate Expense Management leads and larger B&EA team to collaborate on monthly and quarterly deliverables and initiatives
- Work on Corporate projects and initiatives that impact the entire organization
- Serve as a liaison between the Corporate area Expense Management leads and the Business units, driving the company P&L
Bachelor or Master’s Degrees
Key Skills, Licenses & Certifications:
- Proficient in Leadership Competencies with specific focus on open communication, operational excellence, and delivering business objectives.
- CPA/CFA Preferred
- Strong ability to build relationships
- 8+ years of experience with expense analytics and/or financial planning and analysis
- Ability to influence and to execute
- A good understanding of the Financial Services industry will assist the role in developing appropriate expense frameworks with adequate levels of detail
- The role requires cross functional knowledge to effectively develop meaningful analytics with thorough understanding of the underlying expense drivers
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83759