At Leggett & Platt we are seeking a HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources leadership team to support our corporate departments and work on special projects as needs arise. We are a multi-billion-dollar globally diversified company that designs and manufactures various engineered components and products.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. In partnership with the other HR Business Partners, Corporate HR team, and Corporate Department leaders, this enthusiastic, hands-on professional will support development and execution of the HR strategies and planning activities that foster organizational and people effectiveness in such areas as employee relations, compensation, inclusion, diversity, equity, talent management, career development, leadership development, and HR processes to ensure alignment with our business goals.
What you will be doing?
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to analyze, and support design, development and implemention of people solutions to meet the business requirements and improve operational efficency.
- Deliver HR processes throughout the employee life-cycle, including but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits, consistent with company policies and statutory regulations to relevant stakeholder teams.
- Consult with business leaders and provide daily HR guidance. Monitor and resolve employee relations issues and leadership effectiveness that leads to the successful achievement of business goals and employee engagement.
- Identify training and development needs through performance management system outcomes, as well as competencies and leadership behaviors.
- Engage and create optimal environment for all stakeholders. Measures and nurtures employee engagement and support of the Leggett and Platt culture.
- Promote and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Recruit, develop and retain high-performing and talented workforce for Corporate groups and support to ensure a robust talent pipeline and succession planning.
- Compile and analyze workforce data/metrics and provide recommendations.
- Champion and drive ID &E within corporate groups, and the company as a whole.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business
- 10+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role, preferably including support for a corporate team; HR experience for a manufacturing company a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- A keen understanding of the overarching strategy of the business with the ability to counsel leaders that enables growth of the business and retain our people.
- Knowledge of US (Federal and State) labor laws
- Strong team orientation, communication skills and ability to effectively navigate within a fast-paced environment
Reasons you’ll love it here: Our company culture reflects values of integrity, ownership, continuous improvement, collaboration, and high performance. We take these to heart each and every day.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building an even better company. For more information, please visit http://www.leggett.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer