Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Coronary Therapies Therapy Consultant
About the role:
The Coronary Therapies Therapy Consultant position will require someone with a strong clinical aptitude that can work in a team environment partnering closely with a clinical specialist. This role will possess strong sales skills as a definite need and the ability to be coached and directed will allow this person to be successful. Responsibilities unique to this position are having a good understanding of the catheterization lab and being able to build strong relationships with physicians and the staff. The Interventional Cardiology team with Boston Scientific is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
This Coronary Therapies Therapy Consultant will have the opportunity to sell products to help with Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, and Acute Myocardial Infarction. In addition to providing several solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound while promoting company products within a defined geographic territory. This will be accomplished by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products within current accounts to meet sales quotas based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company’s products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which BSC products can best address their specific needs.
- Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant BSC personnel to establish price points that address specific customer’s needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
What we’re looking for in you:
- 2-4 Years with BA; 0-2 Years with MBA
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in medical device sales
- A four year degree with a background in sales and a proven track record of success will help in making this position a successful team approach to selling in the catheterization lab and to our physicians.
- Strong clinical, analytical and selling skills are a must in this position.
- Person should have a proven ability to take on a large number of accounts and travel within a 4 state area.
- Problem solving and the ability to be coached and directed by other teammates will allow collaboration and success in selling IVUS, DES, balloons and the full bag of specialty products
Requisition ID: 481000
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.