Job ID: 122497
Required Travel :Minimal
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
- Development – You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- Application support – able to monitor/debug/ understand the architecture and the application flow data / be able to configure the system
- General support – experience with application server / ability to find performance bottlenecks / disk space/cpu/memory issues / able to work with ticketing system and work according to the life cycle of error/patches
- Work independently – ability to work with remote manager / can execute tasks with min to mid help from the peer / high communication skills /
- Fast learner – able to learn by himself complex topics / eager to learn
- Automating multiple parts of infrastructure and deployment systems , strives to improve and shorten processes to enable engineering and operations teams work smarter and faster
- Collaborating with related product development teams to drive automation of configuration management, build, release, deployment and monitoring processes including teams instruction on the developed tools
- Provide professional support for the developed automations, respond to incidents in an effort to avoid system outages or restore availability to meet SLAs
- Actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- Desired knowledge of (any of the below) as added advantage
- Mandatory 2-3 years of experience in Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with software development and testing methodologies, practices, procedures, support tools and service.
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and development
- Personal skills: independent worker, thinks outside the box, presentable, excellent interpersonal skills
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce