A Cook at Holiday helps older people live better by preparing nutritious and appetizing meals to residents from an efficient, smooth-running, and safe kitchen.
What We Offer:
- A steady, full-time schedule with consistent hours
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full-time employees
- Anniversary Award – $500 per year after 2 years
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer match!
- A career path, with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally
- A Certified Great Place to Work that provides a fun and respectful workplace
Where You Can Go:
This is only the beginning. We love empowering and promoting our employees and provide dedicated and talented team members the opportunity to move up the career ladder with us.
In the role of Cook and member of the Dining Services team, you will be responsible to prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals for our residents and ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Review menus and food-production instructions and prepare meals following Holiday menus and recipes while ensuring portion-control standards.
- Oversee preparation and set-up of serving carts to serve nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food.
- Ensure logs are accurately completed in a timely manner. i.e., refrigerator, freezer and production sheets)
- Follow Holiday sanitation standards by effectively cleaning while working, including preparation and serving areas, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors, using appropriate cleaning schedules and charts.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-compliant issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in industry or full-service restaurant cooking
- Ability to prepare and follow Holiday recipes
- Effective communication in English and excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of and ability to conform to sanitation and safe food handling practices
- Basic Computer skills preferred
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. We accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
Today, over 25,000 older adults in 240 communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 221 of its communities in 2020. Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
Req ID: 93172