Requisition Number: 46260
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people’s lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Are you a self-starter, passionate about engineering and have a high level of technical curiosity?
Scope of Position:
Provide on-shift technical support for manufacturing process. Perform 1st level process and equipment troubleshooting. Assist Manufacturing Team Leader with production system management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Provide on-shift technical leadership
- Solve process and equipment issues
- Interpret engineering schematics and procedures
- Maintain production process; make repairs to equipment
- Adjust process parameters within established limits
- Report during shift handoffs and morning meetings
- Perform and detail preventative / predictive maintenance procedures
- Collaborate with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform calibrations and process checks
- Publish production reports and shift turnover
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
40 hours/week with scheduled overtime
- Rotating 12 hour Shifts weekly; day (7AM-7PM) and nights (7PM-7PM)
Required Education or Experience:
AAS / or equivalent 2-year degree in Engineering Technology or related degree.
- Military and minimum 1-year manufacturing experience.
Broad engineering skills (process, equipment, controls, robots)
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance systems
- Disciplined problem solving
- Leadership – Providing direction to production associates
- Strong interpersonal skills!
- Experience with Microsoft packages to include Word, Excel, etc.
Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward
- Familiar with Robotics and/or automation– operation and maintenance
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Managements systems (CMMS)
- Conscientious, highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal direction!
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.