Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
This position is responsible for the coordination of all steps in the Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) Demand Planning Process & creating a consensus sales forecast in the SAP-Business Warehouse system (SAP-BW). The position reports to the Manager of Sales Planning and Forecasting. The SIOP demand planning process includes but not limited to part number validation, APR and Buy-in management, calculating a preliminary forecast, holding cross-functional meetings, following up on action items, conducting final consensus meetings, and finally loading the forecast into SAP-BW. The position is also responsible for providing month-end controlling support, including month-end journal entry preparation.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, Sales, and Manufacturing Plants to maintain detailed part number system architectures
- Maintain key data relative to sales planning activities including vehicle production, penetration rates, and sales pricing
- Coordinate with CBU Controllers, CBU Sales, SIOP demand planners, and Manufacturing Plants to prepare a rolling sales forecast (12-24 months)
- Maintain rolling Sales Forecast and Budget using SAP Business Warehouse (BW/BPS)
- Present sales forecast to executive management including Sales Director, SIOP Director, SIOP VP, Finance Director, and Operations VP
- Assist SIOP team in preparation of production constraint analysis (material and/or capacity constraints) based on the sales forecast.
- Coordinate and maintain annual Sales Budget and Five Year Plan activities
- Subject Matter Expert for SAP-Business Warehouse system used for all Sales planning and reporting activities
- Support finance month-end close activities including SAP vs BW sales reconciliation, pricing, and/or volume journal entry preparation.
- Report Actual sales results relative to Budget, Prior, Year and Forecast.
- Ad-hoc analysis supporting Customer Business Unit Controllers, Division Management and Account Management teams
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related degree.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience
- Detail oriented with strong database management and system capabilities
- Experience in the Automotive industry is a plus but not required
- Experience with SAP-Business Warehouse or similar systems is highly desirable
- Experience working in a matrix environment
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in the Novi, MI office
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development