Requisition ID: 240688
Requisition Posting End Date:
Requisition ID: 240688
- Relocation Authorized: National- Individual
- Grade: 27
- Position to be Panel Interviewed?: Si
- Termino de Posteo: 31/10/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation, and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a Contracts Supervisor for our MLP INCO Project, based in Salamanca. Minera Los Pelambres is an existing copper mine north of Santiago, Chile. Bechtel built the original project and subsequent expansions. Since 2016, Bechtel has been working on the development of a brownfield expansion of the existing copper concentrator that will add 40,000 tpd to its current production, and in September 2017 commenced the detailed engineering. The project also includes a 400-liter per second desalination plant and a 65-km, 24-inch water pipeline.
Manages site (sub)contract operations to ensure the effective administration of (sub)contracts. Responsible for implementation of the Standard Work Process Procedures and automated (sub)contract management systems. Responsible for the training of personnel assigned to support (sub)contract administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of a (Sub)contract Management Program for the project consistent with the Standard Work Process Procedures and the Subcontract/Contract Management Manual.
2. Analyze the (sub)contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Site Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
3. Responsible for the development and management of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with (sub)contract terms and conditions.
4. Responsible for working with the other Project Team members to ensure that Bechtel or customer related actions or inactions which could result in constructive (sub)contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
5. Responsible for the development and management of a procedure to recognize and identify (sub)contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
6. Maintain a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
7. Provide Site Manager with reviews and analysis of the (sub)contract financial data.
8. Responsible for adherence to (sub)contract insurance provisions and to ensure implementation of any requirements in this regard with Regional and Corporate Risk Management personnel.
Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering desirable.
Experience and courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
Thorough knowledge of (sub)contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
Direct experience in the function of managing workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviews, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.