Req Id: 313592
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell Residential and Small Business provides the most innovative, industry-leading Internet, TV and Smart Home products and services to Canadians.
An exciting position within the Content Management team! We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work closely with movie studios and suppliers. This role will be responsible for selecting and managing content for our Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View services across Bell’s multiple platforms, with a specific focus on the French market,. The ideal candidate will have a passion for movies, TV, and the entertainment industry, along with related skills, education or experience. This position reports to the Team Lead – Content Product Manager.
- Work with major movie studios to select and manage content for Bell’s TV services
- Optimize revenue utilizing data analysis and knowledge of industry trends
- Ensure content is accurately represented across all Bell TV platforms
- Work closely with operations , marketing and content providers to manage assets and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Promote content based on research, past performance and industry trends through posters and theme folders on all TV platforms
- Collaborate closely with our Project Management team as it relates to new features and functionalities for our TV platforms
- Conduct analysis and provide metrics to optimize revenue potential, including weekly reports to content providers
- Manage expenses and ordering; balancing consumer choice with fiscal responsibility
- Track Canadian content and Closed Captioning ratios, ensuring CRTC obligations are met
- Other duties as required to facilitate the operations of the PPV and VOD department, including involvement with Adult content if necessary
- Evening and weekend as required
Minimum 2 to 3 Years experience in a broadcasting or Pay/PPV/VOD specialty service environment in the programming sector.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Fully bilingual, English and French
- Superior writing skills in either English or French or both
- A passion for movies and TV
- Knowledge of basic marketing strategies
- Organization and attention to detail are a must
- Solid understanding of basic operational aspects of broadcast television and new media
- Knowledge of video specs and XML formatting.
- Knowledge of the Canadian broadcast and filmed entertainment distribution sectors
- The ability to analyze data and present to various audiences
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office tools, with a focus on Excel, including formatting, formula creation and worksheet management.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, work independently and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize many projects and deliverables
- High level of comfort surrounding explicit Adult content
- Knowledge of project management considered an asset, but not a requirement
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 09/15/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.