Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Do you love words and get endless satisfaction playing with them to create persuasive messages that excite new and current customers? If so, that makes you a perfect candidate to join the Popular Bank Marketing Team as a Copywriter focusing on digital channels.
By using the brand voice, you’ll add a unique perspective to the Popular Bank branding and marketing as you write emails, web content, banners, blogs, video scripts, and more. You know how to make an email jump out of a crowded inbox and how to scale and iterate your writing to create the most impact on performance. You are a strong conceptual thinker across all media – seeing the narrative and knowing how to articulate it.
In this position, you will:
- Create compelling marketing communications across digital channels ranging from ad campaigns to blog posts, social media, and beyond
- Understand the unique content preferences of digital consumers (functional, engaging, scannable, concise, platform-friendly, searchable) and tailor copy to those preferences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Marketing, Customer Analytics, Legal, Compliance, and other business units) to create copy according to creative brief specs and schedule
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, from quick-turns to longer, in-depth projects
- Effectively translate creative concepts across multiple digital channels, taking into account best-practices per channel
- Use data to explore content decisions, revisions, and the digital user experience
- Take initiative in exploring ideas and voicing suggestions on digital content strategy and solutions
- Quickly become an expert in our products, services, and compliance requirements
To be considered, you will need:
- Multi-channel copywriting + editing skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- A basic understanding of SEO—additional experience a plus
- Open-minded, curious, welcoming of feedback and creative iteration
- 3+ years of experience working as a copywriter with practical knowledge of contemporary digital marketing best practices and advertising trends
Additional Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Willing to take ownership and initiative
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Natural curiosity about copywriting trends, digital trends, and the customer
- Creative, critical thinker with a flexible mind who is energized by change and challenge
- Financial services/banking background a big plus
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.