EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Content Editor Assistant is to support the LearningExpress Product and Content team through all stages of the editorial process including but not limited to research, copy editing and documentation, and production-related tasks.
- Assist with editorial tasks and content workflow, including research, planning, editing, proofing, loading and revising, as well as preparing multimedia for production (graphics, audio/video files).
- Assist with the contracting process for new projects including arranging for signature/countersignature, maintaining records, process payment requests (invoices).
- Assist in project set-up, create and maintain accurate product/content data using various internal systems, and deal quickly and efficiently with routine queries and tasks.
- Assist in creating short videos, voice-over and/or graphic design, any other similar multimedia resources.
- Use SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and other intranet applications as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity, creativity, and an interest in educational technology, test preparation, and instructional design
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work consistently within established timelines
- Prior experience creating videos, voice-over and other multimedia resources
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite in a corporate setting
- 1+ year experience with Microsoft Office Suite in a corporate setting (Advanced Excel and/or PowerPoint skills).
- Video editing and graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.