Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful Civil Infrastructure team as a Rail Engineering Consultant. A Consultant plays an important role in delivering consulting and configuration services, winning sales through presales activities and is responsible for analyzing our software users’ business and technical requirements and developing solutions that meet those needs.
- Deliver consulting, configuration, and training services on Bentley’s rail engineering applications to existing and new software users
- Provide support and services toward the migration of our software users to OpenRail Designer
- Technically support the sales team with benefit oriented, feature specific demonstrations that promote Bentley solutions for rail design
- Assist in preparation of technical proposals and benchmarks
- Provide product demonstrations, training and assist in closing sales opportunities.
- Perform software product training activities, project assessments, reviews, and audits
- Collaborate with product development groups to continually improve the quality of the product based on user input
- Serve as the primary liaison between company and software users.
- Develop and conduct technical presentations to existing and prospective users
- Create learning content in the form of written documentation, videos and webinars
- Civil Engineering degree or closely related degree required. A degree with a rail engineering focus is preferred.
- Minimum 8 year’s Rail industry experience is required.
- Minimum 3 year’s industry experience with Rail Electrification Design (Catenary Design) is preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time is required
- Experience with the following Bentley software is preferred: OpenRail Designer, OpenRail Overhead Line Designer, Bentley Rail Track (InRail), MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, GEOPAK, and/or InRoads. Experience with other related industry civil engineering software such as Civil3D, MX, ProVi, Trimble is beneficial.
- Fluency in English, Polish and German is required.
- Strong technical knowledge of railway design and workflows is required. Knowledge of rail signaling, and electrification is beneficial.
- Awareness of IEC 60913 standard and (German) Deutsche Bahn RE systems is beneficial/required.
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to learn and effectively demonstrate, configure and consult on the Bentley OpenRail Designer software
- Ability to work on significant professional services projects with little supervision and lead others when needed
- Experience with and knowledge of transportation authorities planning, design and construction workflows
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- A friendly, collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Being part of the world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
- The opportunity to work with a global team of dedicated colleagues.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.