Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
At an increasing rate organizations and their inability to effectively respond to incidents makes headlines tarnishing their brand. Are you interested in helping clients prevent those threats? Read more below.
What will your typical day look like?<p> </p>
As a Cyber Risk Consultant focusing on infrastructure and application security, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects addressing new technology trends and related business challenges faced by our clients both locally and globally. Tasks include:
- Assessing and implementing security solutions for clients
- Reviewing security-related events, assessing risk and validity, as well as reporting on security postures and recommending corrective actions when required
- Working with security vendors to understand their solution offerings and advise clients on appropriate technologies and architectures, based on their needs
- Conducting research on the latest security technologies and standards, as well as the threat and vulnerability landscape, in order to advise clients and recommend appropriate actions
- Facilitating use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services.
About the team<p> </p>
Infrastructure, Networking and Application Security is a critical part of Deloitte’s Cyber Risk Services practice, which helps our clients to be Secure, Vigilant and Resilient in the face of an ever-increasing array of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Our Cyber Risk Services help organizations with the management of information and technology risks by delivering end-to-end solutions, using proven methodologies and tools in a consistent manner. Our services help organizations address timely and pervasive issues such as identity theft, data security breaches, data leakage, cyber security, and system outages across organizations of various sizes and industries, with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you<p> </p>
You are someone with:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or Information Security or relevant experience in these domains
- Good understanding of basic networking concepts/principles (routing, switching, IP addressing etc.) and common services/protocols is important
- Knowledge of foundational systems security principles is important
- Knowledge of application security concepts and overall application design is important
- Experience in application development and knowledge of main programming languages, hacking or network security, and performing eForensics, investigations or incident management are assets
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.