Requisition ID: 238627
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/25/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Assigned to a field construction organization in a supervisory capacity. Responsible for the assisting in strategy, organization and direction of construction and related activities of a large construction project or program of smaller project. Responsible for jobsite activities of construction resources, contractors, sub-contractors and craft professionals to ensure construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Coordinates all jobsite activities including actions of Bechtel, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and clients representatives.
- Responsible for overall construction site management including supervision of field engineering, and craft resource personnel, as applicable. Responsible for ensuring development and execution of Construction Execution Plan, construction automation strategy, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labor strategy, and other plans and strategies to efficiently execute the project.
- Implements Bechtel’s Environmental, Safety and Health Policy on the construction site.
- Establishes and implements construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Monitors, and controls as required, jobsite expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget.
- Plans and establishes procedures to ensure construction operations meet engineering designs and specifications.
- Coordinates with and maintains effective communications with other functional departments.
- Develops, implements and administers jobsite security and coordinates the activities with corporate security department as required.
- Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Directs the development and implementation of a training program to ensure field non-manual and craft personnel receive progressive training to enable them to fulfill their duties and develop to assume additional responsibilities.
- Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at site.
- Implements continuous improvement tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to activities of engineering, construction technologies and jobsite management.
- Experience on large infrastructure projects with significant earthworks and bridge structures.
- Experience on major underground infrastructure projects with geotechnical, dredging, earthworks, and bridge structures.
- Preferred experience in a complex stakeholder / client environment
- Thorough knowledge of ES&H philosophy.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Policies.
- Thorough knowledge of the Six Sigma Program tools and methodologies.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and/or
- Specialized courses in construction management, and/or
- Prior extensive work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.