You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Now, if you were to come on board as our Construction Project Coordinator, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Assist PMs with addressing day to day issues, solving problems, eliminating road blocks, improving on process and troubleshooting
- Assist with Capital Appropriation Requests; creation, submission, approval tracking and distribution
- Assist with Appication for Payments/ Invoicing processing; tracking, reconciliation and closeout
- Responsible for the obtaining approvals, execution, tracking and closeout activities related to the Master Service Agreements and Construction Contracts
- Support the construction team’s overall goal to reduce or avoid costs, increase efficiency, streamline processes and build confidence and trust with our clients, internal departments, contractors , consultants and PMs
- Provide support to the Director of Construction and Manager of Construction in all aspects of of the day to day operations of the construction department
- Responible for the Construction Department’s tracking and reporting system
- Attend weekly construction update meetings
- Construction Contract administration, ensuring that required backup documentation, WSIB, insurance, etc. is in place and that the contract execution is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with the Substantial Completion, Lien period, title search and release of holdback process
- Build and maintain strong positive working relationships with clients, contractors, vendors/suppliers, engineers, architects, municipalities and building departments as well as internal departments such as Operations, Legal, Fixed Assets, Finance and Compass Digital Labs.
- Together with the PMs, ensure that the Compass Project Cost Summary spreadsheets for each project are maintained throughout the project life cycle, confirm all invoices have been processed, assist with final reconciliation of the project and verify with Fixed Assets that the total project costs are aligned with their records
- Support the Project Manager with the preparation and approvals for Non- Authorized Supplier application forms and ensure that the vendor is entered into the accounting system
- Maintain reports in accordance with our Construction administrative and document control/ records management systems.
Think you have what it takes to be our Construction Project Coordinator? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Diploma in Project Management, Construction Administration or Business Administration, with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the construction industry is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel; comfortable working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Adobe Acrobat is preferred. Microsoft Project would be an asset
- Knowledge of, and 3 to 5 years’ experience with, the technical aspects of construction and construction administration
- Strong with numbers and detail analysis and/or accounting skills
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with effective and articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity
- Willingness and ability to work in a deadline-driven, project-based environment
- A real team player and supportive personality with the ability to build strong working relationships
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.