Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Construction Project Administrators are responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and managing a wide variety of projects involving the construction of ISP and OSP facilities, buildings, road moves, etc. They will oversee the construction process from conceptualization to completion including the oversight of engineers, construction supervisors, contractors, various trade workers and project managers. They are responsible for effectively monitoring and managing the quality and completion of work and resolving issues while accurately report on the progress of a project and update databases as applicable, e.g., Fiber to the x (FTTx), Customer Designed Fiber Services (CDFS), Alternative Form of Regulation (AFOR), and Global Passive Optical Networks (GPON).
The Main Responsibilities
- Inspects quality of work performed by internal employees and contractors by monitoring construction projects on site.
- Oversees installation of facilities under the USDA Rural Utilities Service (RUS), region construction practices; and/or inspects ISP or OSP work prints.
- Partners with Engineering to ensure designs are effectively translated into the field environment.
- Manages projects, administers implementation, and provides field perspective of necessary work functions.
- Approves contractor invoices
- Assists Engineering by interfacing with contractors in preparation of projects.
- Assists in resolving issues, reviews engineering work prints and handbooks and vendor installation processes in accordance with Lumen standards.
- Provides feedback to internal and external construction personnel regularly.
- Reports housekeeping issues, maintains knowledge of engineering standards, practices and procedures
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 4+ years of industry experience and knowledge in the aspects of Engineering, ISP and OSP construction, and contract policies and procedures or equivalent work experience or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel as much as 30%-40%.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record. Motor vehicle record check will be required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Knowledge of central office configurations and routing switching.
- Previous experience with supervision of projects, or project management, reading blueprints and schematics, and experience and knowledge of building codes and relevant laws to ensure the project is in compliance with building standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Possess strong leadership and decision-making skill.
Requisition #: 259372
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.