Requisition ID: 235229
Requisition Posting End Date:
Bechtel’s Infrastructure Global Business Unit is recruiting for several upcoming positions on projects in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The projects are in various sectors and locations however the primary focus is on Civil works and Telecommunications outside of London and the South-East of England.
Further details on specific roles and locations will be discussed with successful candidates.
· Monitors and directs subcontractor activities through coordination and instruction of subcontractor’s management staff within the area of responsibility
· Ensures a Zero Accident Philosophy and requirements are implemented and adhered to by workers and others in the operational area
· Reviews and approves (where necessary) subcontractor construction methods, schedules, resource charts, and material and equipment requirements
· Ensures performance requirements and Key Performance Indicators are fully met
· Coordinates construction operations impact on external interfaces to ensure work is completed within established schedules
· Coordinates with other subcontractors and external stakeholders to plan construction work and schedules
· Monitors and ensures that the quality of work performed meets requirements within general technical specifications
· Ensures documentation is provided by subcontractor in a timely manner and to the required standard
· Implements and enforces policies, procedures and related work rules as established by project construction management
· Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
· Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Networks and connects with key personnel outside own area of expertise
· Minimal supervision with wide latitude for judgement
· Mentors less experienced team members
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or international equivalent) and typically 8-10 years of relevant experience or 12-14 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
· Driver’s License valid in the UK
· Understanding of UK HSE and CDM regulations especially in relation to working in locations that interface closely with the public
· Strong leadership skills and ability to influence external stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
· Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risks
· Ability to drive work in a safe manner to meet project targets
· Experience of construction work method statements and risk assessments
· Experience of working in a live operational environment
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.