Position Title: MAITRE D
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country. For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
THE NEWEST AND MOST EXCITING FINE DINING EXPERIENCE IN LOUISVILLE, KY.
MATT WINN’S STEAKHOUSE
Matt Winn attended every single Kentucky Derby for 75 years. His first was the first. Over those 75 years he served as a pioneer and innovator of horse racing at the iconic Churchill Downs Racetrack, changing the landscape of the Kentucky Derby forever. Now, we invite you to Matt Winn’s Steakhouse to take part in this bygone era, from the grand traditions to the infallible fashion, all while celebrating what’s to come.
Summary: Seats guests in dining room. Ensures customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greets guests and accompanies them to their tables based on availability or desired seating arrangements. Oversees guest flow within the restaurant.
- Manages the reservations system.
- Promotes an overall enjoyable dining experience; promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests and associates.
- Advises guests on menu and beverage selections.
- Liaise between kitchen staff and dining room staff.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others; demonstrates flexibility, patience and a willingness to communicate with guests and staff.
- Supervises the activities of food-service associates in the dining room to ensure proper customer service, food handling and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Makes special occasion arrangements for guests; promotes special in-house events.
- Helps train new food-service team members and provides ongoing customer-service training.
- Supervises the closing of the assigned dining room; ensures servers complete side work and station setup.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency safety procedures; assists with evacuation of guests to safety in the event of an emergency.
- Helps bus tables and serve foo/beverages when necessary while maintaining safe food-handling and sanitation standards.
- May operate equipment, including fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events or functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 558381