The Compensation Analyst position is part of the Compensation team which provides expertise in the development and implementation of compensation programs for Marathon Oil Company. The Analysts in the organization are responsible for the successful administration and vendor oversight of the company’s compensation programs including base pay, short-term incentives, long-term incentives and executive compensation. Previous experience with stock plan administration, executive compensation, annual merit administration or incentive compensation programs is a plus but not required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills, with the ability to use information to draw valid conclusions and formulate recommendations. The successful candidate will possess effective written and verbal communication skills that will be relied upon to deal with internal customers, Compensation and Benefits team members, and various vendors in a professional, confident, and thoughtful manner. The ability to work with confidential information and maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential. Above all, the successful candidate will be self-starting, known for tackling challenges, a team player and will have demonstrated commitment to team success.
- Participates in industry salary surveys, including coordinating appropriate job matches, data compilation, and submission.
- Analyzes external salary survey market data to ensure compensation programs remain competitive.
- Studies the external market and internal factors to recommend base pay adjustment budgets; recommends adjustments to salary structures to ensure job pay structures are competitive.
- Helps administer annual merit program.
- Advises and consults with HR regarding competitive pay levels, salary treatment, and long-term compensation. When necessary, prepares materials for Executive Committee review.
- Ensures jobs are properly graded and establishes new jobs in SuccessFactors.
- Responsible for flat-rate analysis and recommended pay changes. Develops communication plan and implements approved recommendations.
- Interfaces with vendors to address employee issues and escalations as needed. Takes lead of, and ownership for, analysis and resolution of complex issues, streamlining administration and ensuring quality results.
- May assist in the development, implementation, communication and reporting of materials approved by the Compensation Committee. Researches and analyzes pertinent data and prepares materials.
- May be responsible for data elements of the Executive Compensation Tables of the Proxy and coordination with applicable audits.
- Coordinates with law, accounting, tax and third party administrators for compensation programs to ensure accurate reporting, and to stay in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develops and conducts HR training programs as needed.
- Leads projects and implementations associated with assigned program changes.
- Identifies and assists in the execution of process improvements.
- Depending on experience level of successful candidate, other job responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate.
Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience; or 5 years analyst related experience.
Major Discipline: Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, HR, Mathematics, or IT preferred
- 3 years related professional work experience required. 5-7 preferred.
- Experience in administering annual merit programs in SuccessFactors strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel knowledge required.
- Payfactors experience preferred.
Travel Required: Less than 10%.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 30514 ||