Are you looking to join a stable company? One that values its contributors and is growing? Well, Look no further! Dayton Parts is seeking a Company Truck Driver, Apply to join our team today!
Hours: Monday through Friday (Home Weekends!)
Route: Shiremanstown, PA to Dallas, TX area. Dedicated weekly run with the company truck.
The Company Truck Driver will operate a truck with a dedicated cab and earn a daily stipend of $35!
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of Transportation along with passing a DOT drug test & alcohol test (if applicable).
- Valid CDL A License.
- Minimum 1-year Commercial Driving experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A keen eye for detail and safety.
- Highly organized, independent self-starter.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.