Role Title: Company Secretary – Goodbody Stockbroker UC
Location: Goodbody Stockbrokers Offices and remote working, as required
Are you a self-starter, energetic, ambitious and ready for that big role as Company Secretary for a bank with exciting growth plans?
Summary of the Role:
Goodbody Stockbrokers UC (“Goodbody”) is a material subsidiary of AIB Group plc. The Company Secretary of Goodbody is responsible for providing professional corporate governance and secretariat services to the Goodbody Chair, Board of Directors of Goodbody and its Committees and to the Directors of Goodbody’s regulated and unregulated subsidiary entities.
The Company Secretary promotes best practice in corporate governance in line with AIB Group and Goodbody’s policies and guidelines, regulatory, statutory and listing requirements, company law and market practices.
This role reports functionally to the AIB Group Company Secretary and is accountable also to the Chair of the Goodbody Board and the Managing Director of Goodbody as two key stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for the following:
- Providing professional corporate governance and secretariat support and advice to the Chair and Board of Directors of Goodbody as well as its Executive Team;
- Ensuring that the Goodbody Directors are aware of and compliant with their corporate governance obligations, relevant market listing requirements including market abuse regulations so as to protect the interests of Goodbody, the AIB Group, its officers and other key stakeholders;
- Interacting with the Chair and Members of Goodbody’s principal governance fora in planning, organising and attending Board Meetings, Board Committee Meetings, including agreeing work programmes and agendas, scheduling items for consideration in accordance with the Group’s strategic priorities, drafting resolutions, organising clear and appropriate papers and preparing detailed minutes so that organisational performance is maximised;
- Maintaining the Goodbody Corporate Governance policies and frameworks;
- Providing company secretarial support to Goodbody subsidiaries as well as ensuring the completion of all relevant Companies Office filings and the maintenance of all statutory records and registers for Goodbody and its subsidiaries;
- Working with the Goodbody Chair and the AIB Group Company Secretary to ensure the appropriate composition of the Board including developing / maintaining a skills matrix for the Board, monitoring compliance with it and having appropriate succession arrangements for the Board and its Committees in place;
- Developing and delivering on behalf of and with input from the Chair, an appropriate induction programme for new joiners to the Board and providing or arranging for ongoing training for Board members as requested by or agreed with the Chair;
- Providing oversight of Corporate Governance input into the CBI’s Fitness and Probity approval processes; and,
- Ensuring company seals are used in accordance with the Company’s Constitution, sealing documentation as required and ensuring maintenance of appropriate records of same.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- A relevant financial or legal degree and / or professional qualification as a Chartered Secretary, Accountant, Solicitor or Barrister.
- Experience as a Company Secretary of a listed organisation or other relevant corporate governance or company secretarial experience with proven capability of effectively managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience at a senior level in business, finance, risk, legal or other support and control functions and a broad understanding of Goodbody’s core businesses and operations.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and relationship management skills.
- Business leadership experience in a regulated environment.
- Familiarity with MiFID firms, IFR/IFD would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a broader senior leadership team and to be energised through talent development and innovative mind-sets.
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Jen Coburn from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact him at