Role: Company Secretarial Assistant
Location: Molesworth Street, Dublin 2 (with Hybrid Working)
This role is being offered on a permanent full time basis.
Do you like working in a fast paced dynamic environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career in a highly motivated and energised team?
We’re looking for someone who is motivated and passionate about delivering value to our key stakeholders and working in a collaborative environment.
The Corporate Governance team provides professional corporate governance and secretariat services to the Chair, Board of Directors, Executive and Subsidiary Entities, and promotes best practice in corporate governance in line with AIB’s policies and guidelines, regulatory, statutory and listing requirements, company law and market practices.
We believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to build a team of empowered individuals who are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion and diversity; embracing the unique strengths and insights everyone brings.
- Assist in the Management of the statutory obligations of AIB Group plc, AIB plc and the 35+ Irish subsidiaries, including maintenance of statutory registers, submissions to the Companies Registration Office including Annual Returns, Financial Statements and changes to the Board, Constitution, Share Capital, Beneficial Ownership Register etc.;
- Support the management of the Group’s material regulated Irish subsidiaries and other regulated entities ensuring adherence to best practice corporate governance practices and monitoring and reporting on compliance with all relevant regulations including the CBI Corporate Governance Requirements, the Companies Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation;
- Work with certain Subsidiary Board Chairs and members in planning, organising and attending Subsidiary Board and Committee meetings ensuring that they are managed efficiently and effectively;
- Ensure that the subsidiary entities and their Directors are aware of and compliant with applicable company law, corporate governance and other statutory and regulatory obligations along with compliance with AIB’s internal governance and subsidiary management policies and procedures;
- Manage the annual effectiveness evaluation process for certain subsidiaries;
- Assist with the organisation of the AIB Group plc Annual General Meeting as required;
- Conduct regular assurance checks of compliance with the various obligations of the Group, maintaining supporting evidence and documentation and providing assurances as to compliance standards;
- Keep up-to-date on relevant legal and practice developments and appraise the Company Secretarial Practice Manager and Assistant Company Secretary as appropriate;
- Work with the wider Corporate Governance team in fulfilling the broader accountabilities of the Office in an enhanced controlled environment.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you:
- Are professionally qualified (ideally ICSA) or close to qualification. Candidates with relevant legal, business or accounting qualification with an in depth knowledge of Companies Act 2014 will also be considered
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience gained from working in a company secretarial pratice or in-house function
- Have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, confidence and ability to influence stakeholders
- Work efficiently under pressure, in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve shared objectives
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Noelle Ryan from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact her by email email@example.com.
By when? Closing date is 28th October 2021