At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
The campus Community Communications Manager will serve as the liaison between dining services and the community for Chartwells at the University of Florida. The Community Communications is a key client partner to align Chartwells programs to client initiatives and ensure that the campus student community is aware of these initiatives. This role will have heavy community involvement to establish and maintain clear, consistent community wide communications and community involvement.
• Managing internal and client communications.
• Writing and editing a variety of communications, including internal comms platforms and social media, client communications, and other content, including but not limited to:
Weekly and monthly Retail promotional content (includes social media posts and content provided by Morrison Comms team, along with images, video, and verbiage for use in internal newsletters, Intranet, and digital screens throughout hospital) for all locations.
Associate recognition and community involvement stories.
• Curating/Building a photo and video library for use in a variety of client communications.
• Responding to ongoing student/faculty feedback and foodservice comments.
• Establishing and building on community partnerships that align with the clients’ vision.
• Curating/Managing content through a variety of communication tools and platforms, including Smartsheet.
• Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with our client’s communication team.
• Managing crisis communications in collaboration with Chartwell’s operational leadership and Compass Group Corporate Communications, and Human Resources, as needed.
Key Capabilities and Skills Include:
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, or related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a foodservice or campus communications role preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Adobe, Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Proficiency with digital photography and videography, including editing skills.
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
Ability to build and manage relationships with key influencers, including clients, Chartwells team members, as well as senior operational leaders.
Extreme attention to detail.
Works independently, is self-directed and proactive.
Works well under pressure and adapts well to working with short deadlines and in tight turn-around situations.
Readily accepts ownership and maintains a positive, supportive attitude with a “team” mentality.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 880890