At Popular, we offer a wide variety of services and financial solutions to serve our communities in the Island and abroad. As employees, we are dedicated to making our customers dreams come true by offering financial solutions in each stage of their life. Our extensive trajectory demonstrates the resiliency and determination of our employees to innovate, reach for the right solutions and strongly support the communities we serve; this is why we value their diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds.
Are you ready for a rewarding career?
Over 7,900 men and women in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and the United States work at Popular.
Come and join our community!
Analyze, structure, and approve commercial credit applications. Analyze and determine the credit risk profile of the commercial customer through an annual assessment, or as required, of each customer’s position. Apply evaluation criteria for applications, in accordance with established BPPR Commercial Credit Manual to anticipate and assess risks associated to the proposed transaction. Prepare CAF/CAM and other approval documents. Provide an excellence service to the Commercial Banking Centers through correct and fast case decision, listen to the recommendations of relationship officers and seeking prudent and viable alternatives to credit applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation, if applicable, to determine feasibility of credit facilities.
• Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
• Request applicant credit reports and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
• Skills to develop and maintain good customer relationships, anticipate their needs, and present alternatives to solve situations.
• Ability to work under pressure, multitasking and minimal supervision.
• Detailed-oriented and organized.
• Knowledge in MS Office programs such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, among other applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; in both Spanish and English.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
Minimum 4 years of current experience in Commercial Credit analysis.
Collaboration & Teamwork
The information provided here is only a general guide as to the nature of the position and does not constitute an exact description of the goals, tasks, duties and responsibilities of the position. The specific details of each position are described in the employee’s performance evaluation.
Important: The candidate must provide evidence of academic preparation or courses related to the published job.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing email@example.com,. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations, Any other correspondece will not receive a response.
As Puerto Rico’s leading financial institution, we reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.
Popular Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about us at www.popular.com and keep updated with our latest job postings at www.jobs.popular.com.
Connect with us!
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram