Company Name: Fry’s Food Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli specials
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink
- Offers customers demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment
- Provides quality beverages consistently for all customers
- Prepare drinks to Company standards
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Fry’s Food Stores: Fry’s Food Stores is headquartered in Tolleson, Arizona. The company employs more than 17,000 Arizona residents who help us serve more than one million households per week. Fry’s has been providing Arizonans with fresh food at famous low prices since 1960. Fry’s Food Stores is a proud member of the Kroger Co. based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Gilbert || 87 E Williams Field Rd || 85295 || Fry’s Food Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None