BWXT Medical Ltd. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT Medical Ltd. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT Medical Ltd. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
CNC & Manual Machinist
Job Description / Duties:
- Fabricates equipment components, prototypes and devices with minimum supervision.
- Sets up equipment for testing in accordance with prescribed specifications, documents experimental work and reports findings
- Operates and maintains in good working condition the equipment and machine tools of the shop.
- Produces or contributes to working sketches or designs for components, devices or test fixtures as required
- Performs other related production process equipment and shipping package maintenance duties as appropriate
- Performs inspection tasks (e.g. QC mechanical and safety inspections on lifting devices)
- Assists with the development and testing of mechanical equipment used in facilities for new processes and for development work.
- Prepares written documentation such as procedures and preventive maintenance records
- Provides technical support to the engineering and design group (mainly activities relating to original prototype design and troubleshooting)
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- Grade 12 technical secondary school
- Qualification and/or certification as a machinist plus 3-4 years related experience after completion of recognized training program. Familiarity with the welder, pipefitter or industrial mechanic trades desirable.
- Computer literacy desired.
- Demonstrate high level of skill and efficiency as a machinist
- Familiarity with working in cleanrooms, controlled environments, GMPs, would be considered an asset.
- Wear a respirator for potentially several hours at a time
- Lift 10kgs on a frequent basis
- Push/pull items with a force of up to 25kgs on an occasional basis
- Operate a forklift
BWXT Medical Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.