Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
The Capital Markets Group (“CMG”) manages $80B of MetLife spread margin businesses and is comprised of two teams: Securities Lending (“SL”) and Capital Markets investments Products (“CMIP”). CMG integrates the management and sourcing of assets and “non-traditional” insurance liabilities through a centralized team focused on pursuing spread businesses within a consistent and disciplined asset-liability match (“ALM”) approach. The group manages both the asset allocation strategy for funds raised from liability placement as well as the issuance of the respective liabilities under each team. Liabilities include securities lending, funding agreement-backed medium-term notes and commercial paper, Federal Home Loan Bank advances, and Farmer Mac advances.
The CMG team is responsible for margin establishment and management and to enhance profitability through optimization of risks and returns and the avoidance of margin slippage that can result from separation of liability and asset responsibility. This position will provide a candidate with the opportunity to gain exposure to a unique business model which includes both asset and liability responsibilities. The candidate will help support the day-to-day operational management of the CMIP and SL businesses through active partnership with all internal and external business partners.
Partner with CMG directors running day-to-day operations of the Funding Agreement-Backed Commercial Paper and Securities Lending programs:
- Commercial Paper:
- Coordinate daily issuance needs across our dealer panel.
- Ensure best execution and lowest cost of funds.
- Ownership of all trade entry and settlement.
- Responsible all reporting and program metric requirements.
- Securities Lending
- Execute daily operations of the Securities Lending desk.
- Develop strong understandings of workflow and settlement process.
- Partner with back office to address daily loan maintenance and settlement issues.
- Support required systems and reporting maintenance as needed.
- Contribute to a culture of responsibility and authority, teamwork, creativity and diversity that will help drive the successful completion of the group’s current and longer-term objectives.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external marketing.
- Leverage strong technical skills to help streamline applicable processes and recurring tasks.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in Investments, Finance or Consulting
- Strong analytical skills, computer skills and excellent problem solver
- Good understanding of the financial markets
- Motivated and good team player
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Sound judgment
- MBA or CFA preferred
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 122601