Requisition Number: 46563
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of the Position:
- Responsible for developing and communicating demand requirements for contract manufacturers (CMs) from Japan and global, for authorizing them to execute a build plan in support of Business requirements
- Develop capacity plans and manage inventory & purchasing strategies to ensure optimum material utilization
- Build up and manage the Sales and Operating Plan (S&OP) process with CMs in Japan
- Manage forwarder and Distribution Center in Japan for better performance.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support S&OP process by analyzing demand, supply, capacity and inventory data to make capacity recommendations and identify risks and gaps for contract manufactured products
- Monitor contract manufacturing production and support capacity analysis of contract manufacturer, collaborate with engineering as needed
- Release purchasing requisition in People Soft and manage its PO
- Communicate effectively with contract manufacturers to establish production and delivery requirements and schedules
- Coordinate schedules with customer service, suppliers, receiving, contract manufacturing, and shipping team to ensure customer’s requirements are met
- Provide lead time quotations for new orders and make sales order commitments; provide response for past due shipments
- Review and manage contract manufacturer’s commitments and order promise dates; conduct periodic ‘open order status’ review meetings
- Assist in developing and executing inventory strategies for consignment material and finished goods; analyze excess and obsolete component inventory provided by contract manufacturer
- Responsible for prioritizing returned defect material rework and managing returned defect material inventory, including identifying at-risk shippable stock for containment
- Coordinate with CMs and forwarder on shipping booking, coordinate with broker for customs clearance document collection.
- Collect the invoice from CMs and service provider, check and apply for the payment.
- Support strategic sourcing and contract administration, Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) administration and execution, and Net Price Change (NPC) reporting
- Requisition product and place firm orders on contract manufacturer and 3rd party vendors.
- Purchase MRO items
- Maintain SOX compliance for inventory management and planning
- Follow up and maintaining Key metrics, performance, report based on collected data
- Comply with international trade regulations, as directed by GSM
- Continual improvement on the CMs’ performance by initiating good ideas.
Education & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, computer science, Japanese, purchasing management or relevant field of study, MBA is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience at planning, demand planning is a plus
- Working in MNC is a plus
- Fluent Japanese speaking/writing is a must, good English speaking is a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes improvement, systems and data handling
- Working experience in ERP system, SAP or other systems.
- High sense of responsibility and initiatives, self-motivated, good team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Flexibility to work across multiply time-zone in multiple languages, flexibility to balance the working time between Japanese calendar and Chinese calendar.