A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The Cloud Engienering Manager is responsible for System Engineering in a cloud computing environment. This position leads and serves as a member of a team charged with configuring, maintaining and supporting a complex server environment which includes Windows and Linux platforms in both a physical data center and in the AWS cloud.
As a member of the Platform Services Management Team, the Manager reports to the Director and is charged to understand the goals/objectives of the team, and to provide clear leadership and coaching to ensure that all members of the team understand their roles/responsibilities and are positioned for success.
5 + years AWS experience
AWS Certifications highly desired
Strong platform engineering background automating provisioning of resources in AWS
Experiences building infrastructure as code pipelines using cloudformation, gold images, configuration management automation.
Engineering automated, repeatable platform solutions on AWS that allow easy to use self-service capabilities for application teams.
Strong understanding of security constructs in AWS including LoadBalancers, WAF, SGs, NACLs, Patching, CloudTrail, Guard Duty, etc.
Strong background building automated self service capabilities in AWS
Ability to lead and motivate highly skilled engineers
Strong communication skills
positive and solution focused mindset is a must
- Participate in setting and ensure that members of the team understand Team Goals, Strategies and Priorities.
- Participate in setting Departmental goals, strategies and priorities.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to share ideas with Associates, peers and management.
- Embrace a coaching culture, provide feedback to Associates, peers and management.
- Serve as a mentor to provide coaching and technical guidance to Team.
- Break Team goals into manageable plans and assign activities to team members with defined timelines.
- Provide leadership/guidance to ensure completion of assigned activities within defined timelines.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and set an example for colleagues and Team.
- Attend regular Director status meetings and be engaged in meeting discussions and strategic planning.
- Hold regular (at least bi-weekly) Team meetings to provide transparency in Team goals/priorities.
- Hold regular (at least monthly) one-on-one sessions with team members to provide coaching and feedback (positive and constructive) to support Associate professional development.
- Hold regular (at least every 6 months) personnel reviews and provide feedback (positive and constructive) to support Associate professional development.
- Promote and lead cross department collaboration in problem analysis, solution identification, implementation, and delivery activities.
- Collaborate with IT teams and end users to understand project requirements and recommend sustainable solutions that meet defined business needs.
- Mentor and lead Team to help develop consultancy and customer service skills.
- Conduct vendor/product assessments to map to defined business needs and perform ROI and Cost Benefit analysis.
- Recommend potential product, service and process opportunities by collecting customer requirements and analyzing business needs.
- Actively challenge Associates and individually look to identify opportunities to enhance organizational efficiency.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
Planning and Organization
- Understand and be able to communicate daily, weekly and monthly personal and Team Goals as assigned by Director.
- Plan daily, weekly, and monthly individual and teamwork activities in alignment with established/defined Team Goals/Priorities.
- Execute against approved daily, weekly and monthly plans and keep leadership informed of work status/progress.
- Monitor status/progress against approved Team daily, weekly and monthly plans and keep leadership informed.
- Account for the Triple Constraint (Scope, Time and Cost) across all project planning activities.
- Independently manage assigned tasks and project components to complete within established timelines.
- Identify and communicate potential business impacts when planning changes to production systems.
- Provide guidance/coaching to Team to help them enhance the efficiency/effectiveness of their work plans.
- Participate with management and technical teams to establish appropriate project timelines to deliver sustainable solutions within approved time and budget parameters.
- Demonstrate accountability and provide leadership for physical and logical security/integrity, sustainability, disaster recovery and business continuity in planning for all projects.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
Information Processing & Decision Making
- Actively look to maximize existing investments and leverage existing systems to solve identified business problems.
- Actively identify and lead efforts to automate repetitive manual processes.
- Identify potential impacts of new systems/processes or changes to existing systems/processes and provide technical expertise to ensure operational reliability.
- Lead the Team to apply critical thinking to identify and mitigate risk in the areas of security (physical and logical), sustainability, disaster recovery, and business continuity measures in all solutions.
- Lead Team and collaborate with cross functional teams, project teams, and institutional leadership teams in root problem analysis, solution identification, implementation, and delivery activities.
- Lead Team to collaborate with IT teams and internal and external customers to understand project requirements and recommend sustainable solutions that meet defined business needs.
- Evaluate vendor solutions against defined functional/business needs, cost, and implementation and support factors.
- Interpret meaning and importance of information and determine appropriate need and method for keeping team members, customers/stakeholders, and management informed.
- Communicate clearly to technical and non-technical users.
- Develop Team documentation standards and processes and oversee compliance to established standards.
- Keep project, communication, testing, and training documentation updated using defined standards within 3 business days of approved changes.
- Lead Team to ensure systems and processes are documented in accordance with defined standards within 3 business days of approved changes.
- Be engaged and participate in individual discussions, project and team meetings.
- Participate in discussions with IT Management and teams to develop polices and standards.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and lead Team efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Actively partner with the User Support Services (USS) team to identify common issues and lead Team to develop appropriate documentation, training, and automation to reduce customer support times and empower USS Associates to resolve issues without escalation.
- Establish working partnerships with IT teams and external partners to lead problem resolution for operational issues and analyze root cause issues to address underlying infrastructure problems.
- Lead Single Point of Failure identification efforts and communicate risks to Management.
- Lead problem solving exercises by understanding the current state, conducting root problem analysis, solution identification, and then planning implementation and delivery activities.
- Develop “as is” and “to be” diagrams to visually represent challenges, risks, and opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure that the team creates tickets for 100% of support requests.
- Monitor Team tickets/issues to ensure compliance with established support standards.
- Acknowledge assigned tickets/issues in alignment with established SLAs but no longer than within 1 business day to communicate to users that the ticket has been assigned and identify the steps and timeline that will be taken to pursue resolution.
- Resolve most assigned tickets/issues within 3 business days.
- In the event a ticket/issue cannot be resolved within 3 business days, provide customer updates at least weekly to manage customer expectations and communicate the steps and timeline that will be taken to pursue resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point for Team members.
- Use sound judgement to determine the need to escalate issues/tickets to management awareness.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 512212