Job ID: 113230
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
The ideal person for our team will be a very experienced engineer committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more. You will have proven capability designing or adapting microservice solutions for public cloud. Of critical importance is experience with data persistence technologies and in particular their deployment in a highly available manner in public cloud. You will be a forward thinker that keeps TCO at a minimum by leveraging the features and flexibility of public cloud to minimize solution footprint. We think green! You will understand public cloud networking capabilities in a cloud native context. You will understand the Kubernetes container orchestration platform and understand how to deploy applications into public cloud distributions of it. Ideally you will also have a solid programming background with a focus on programming for performance.
What will your job look like?
- Application architecture and design for public cloud deployment.
- Solution architecture for OSS/BSS solutions deployed into Public cloud.
- Technology selection and solution design of the many persistence layers of our solution
- High Availability of our solutions in private and public cloud.
- Networking design of our solutions on cloud platforms
- Identify and quantify missing non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, performance, operability, serviceability) in both the private and public cloud context.
- Design application deployment topologies that are cost effective in a public cloud context
- Identification, PoC and introduction of new technologies/platforms/libraries for public cloud
- Take high level business/product requirements from product management and deliver user stories, technical engineering requirements and software system designs that can be estimated and acted upon by agile development teams.
- Take ownership of incomplete requirements about a complex problem and work with stakeholders to identify the underlying business problems and deliver an agreed set of prioritised and coherent user stories along with a technical architecture vision that solves the problem.
- Identify and quantify missing non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, performance, operability, serviceability). Preparing and communicating designs that meet non-functional requirements efficiently.
- Define architectural direction and make key technical decisions for the product bringing engineering and architecture requirements for inclusion in development cycles.
All you need is…
- You are an AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent understanding cloud design patterns for networking, availability and storage
- Specific experience with microservices architecture and java technologies such as OSGi, REST, Vert.x, Spring Boot and RxJava,
- Experience deploying robust highly available cloud native persistence solutions on public cloud such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchDB, or other cloud based alternatives.
- Experience deploying streaming based applications into public cloud using platforms such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
- A deep understanding of RDBMS, NoSQL and understand how to deploy them in the cloud
- A deep understanding of PaaS and CaaS
- Experience with performance architecture underpinned by hands on experience designing, benchmarking, profiling, tuning performant solutions
- Familiar with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines – incorporating Kubernetes and the multitude of deployment pipeline tooling that supports it (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Helm, Harbor, Nexus Sonatype etc,)
- Understand Kubernetes networking, CNI’s and how to use them to provide highly available endpoints for your solutions.
- Understand how to provide highly available storage to a cloud native application – Kubernetes storage providers and how use them on EKS/AKS/GKE or other K8S platforms.
- A deep understanding of how to leverage public cloud regions and availability zones to deploy highly available solutions at the lowest possible cost.
- Be willing to assist other parts of the business as required (product management, sales, and services) with customer facing meetings related to new products and technology changes.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be in charge for the improvement of engineering and quality practices and work across Amdocs various business groups
- You will lead key processes and prioritize work across teams
- You will work with a team that responsible for shaping and constantly improving Amdocs products
- You will work in a fast growing innovative environment
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce