Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Clinical Specialist (Neuromodulation Division) based in Guadalajara.
Promote company products through education of current & potential customers and implant within a defined region by providing clinical education for variety of issues.Responsible for the day-to-day field execution and management of Boston Scientific clinical trials at selected clinical trial centers.
• Commercial Support:Under general supervision, serve as primary resource for clinical support consisting of tackling variety of issues relating to troubleshooting, programming, and patient follow-up for company products.
• Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using appropriate formats and platforms (e.g., slides, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest BSC products.
• Attend unit implants in the labs and operation rooms of hospital accounts and perform patient follow-up to assure customer and patient success with the implanted products.
• Team up with Sales Rep to meet existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how company products can help them to achieve their goals.
• Keep on developing business relationships with hospital personnel (e.g., through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences).
• Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical, research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
• Clinical Trial Support:Managing and providing technical support for clinical trial activity within assigned territory by supporting the site authorization process and study procedures as defined in the clinical investigational plan.
• Providing intial and continuous training, education and support for clinical center personnel on clinical trial protocol, clinical process, products and features under investigation, and procedures involving those products and features.
• On-call duties may be required 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
• Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
• Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Has knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
Planning and Organization
Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments. May seek guidance in resolving problems, interpretating established policies, procedures and practices. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Cultivates a wide range of internal business relationships and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of small to moderate scope. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
Contributes to the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment, poor recommendations, or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
Engages with internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving.
Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
What we are looking for im you:
- The candidate should have a college degree and job experience of at least 2 years.
- Preferred career degree in medicine, neurophysiology, Image & radiology, Biomechanical engineer. Other careers are accepted as long as the candidate complies with the profile of the position.
- The position requires presence at Operating Room to support Neurological surgeries and follow up to patients, specifically in the area of Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), Spinal Chord Stimulation (SCS) & Radio frequency (for pain).
- Interest in market analysis, sales, marketing.
- Proven analytical, planning and negotiation skills, as well as strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Executes key account plans to achieve & deliver sales quota and overall goals.
- Executes territory sales plans and strategy in line with the Business Unit to maintain and develop existing and acquire new customers in private as well as public Hospitals.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including healthcare professionals & distributors.
- Position based in Guadalajara, responsible for the territory in the pacific and nearby cities (León, Tijuana, Hermosillo…)
- Develops and executes action plan for each customer.
- Coordinates with the back-office team (Customer Service, Operations, Marketing, Finance etc..) to resolve customer requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English (medium to advanced level) spoken and written.
- This position requires 30% to 40% of travel.
Requisition ID: 517683
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!