The Clinical Safety Data Coordinator (RN) I is responsible for support in several areas of Performance Improvement. For Enterprise Safety, this position supports safety and quality operations with the goal to improve patient outcomes through assessment, evaluation, and data collection in areas such as medication safety, falls, skin breakdown, rapid response to patient deterioration, and other high volume high-risk situations.
For event review, this individual is responsible for case evaluation and summary to evaluate for Never Events, Clinical Events, and nursing and physician peer review, and systems issues.
Clinical Safety Data Coordinator I
- Supports safety and quality operations with the goal to improve patient outcomes
- Responsible for accurate retrieval, validation, and formatting for the presentation of key metrics and safety data
- Assists in the dissemination of results/findings and maintains communication patterns with physicians and hospital staff, including participation in the Regulatory and Safety Commission and other teams and councils as directed
- Participates in meetings and workgroups to facilitate improved safety and patient outcome
Sentinel Clinical Event Review
- Responsible for case evaluation and summary to evaluate for Clinical Events, Never Events, nursing, and physician peer review, and systems issues.
- Assists with accurate follow-up of cases to the resolution of action items including ongoing formal documentation in excel format.
- Provides assistance to the meeting facilitator and/or takes minutes.
- Will communicate with a variety of groups such as physicians, directors and managers, and hospital staff and patient caregivers for meeting preparation, event evaluation, and follow-up.
- Collaborates frequently with Risk Management.
- This position may require travel between various Hoag locations and its affiliates.
- This position will require participating in meetings outside of normal business hours including evening meetings at least two times a month
Clinical Care: Ensure patient care is delivered and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional regulatory standards. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate population as outlined in the job description and competencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Level I: Minimum three years experience in an adult acute care hospital setting
- Clinical Case review experience, Peer Review (Medical Staff and Nursing experience), Data validation, collection, display, and interpretation experience, database management, group facilitation experience
Skills or Other Qualifications
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and composition skills,
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability, ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines, excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment. Ability to lead or facilitate a meeting and/or take meeting minutes, ability to present ideas and information in a group setting
- Computer experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Outlook and ability to learn other databases.
- Current CA driver’s license required for local travel.
License and Certifications
- Level I: Current CA license to practice as a Registered Nurse