Location: LOC_BUERGER-Buerger Center Ambulatory Care
Req ID: 94303
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The clinical research assistant will participate in research activities which may include: subject recruitment, confirmation of subject eligibility, informed consent process, data clarification, study procedure documents such as IRB, maintain and monitor study group databases/registries and medical record abstraction. The research assistant will also assist the physicians with research organization such as preparing manuscripts, making presentation slides and posters, performing searches in literature and patient databases, shooting photographs of patients in a clinical and operative setting. Manuscript preparation may include editing, referencing, basic medical illustrating, creating tables and charts, and preparing submissions for publication. The position resides at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, within Division of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Prepare study documents required by the IRB, assisting with subject screening and recruitment, consents and enrollments, collecting data and abstracting medical record as requested by the PI(s). Study participants recruitment/follow-up methods may include clinical visits, email, and telephone.
- Assist with making presentation slides and posters, performing searches in literature and patient databases, shooting photographs of patients in a clinical and operative setting.
- Assist with creating or editing standard operating procedures, data collections forms, and informed consent forms.
- Support manuscript and grant preparation tasks such as drafting, referencing, formatting tables and charts, basic medical illustrating, and preparing submissions for publication.
- Ability to monitor and maintain data for study group databases/registries as applicable. Perform associated tasks of data entry, complete data audits, and abstract data with accuracy.
- Assist the Principal Investigator(s), Research Manager, and other Clinical Research Coordinators in all aspects of research projects and multicenter studies.
- Participate in other related duties as a result of research studies performed in the team.
- Maintain up-to-date literature searches and endnote libraries.
- Create study instruments and databases using SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, REDCap, or other platforms as needed.
- Assist in providing administrative support including but not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, keeping meeting minutes, setting up conference calls, managing expense reports.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associate’s degree
Required Experience: At least one (1) year experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: BA/BS
Preferred Experience: Prior clinical research experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Detail-oriented with knowledge of scientific, medical, and regulatory terms.
- Knowledge of ICH Guidelines, GCP, and FDA regulations.
- Computer skills, including MS Office and Adobe Photoshop; ability to learn new software if required.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills as well as the ability to interact professionally with physicians, residents, and hospital staff.
- Extremely organized, reliable and meet project deadlines in timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced environment is essential.
- Ability to function in a team environment under time and resource pressures.
- Ability to manage, organize, and make decisions.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
Denise Cundo, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
3401 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 10194