Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Requisition #: 84233
Ensures that high-quality, comprehensive social work services are provided which support healthcare and coordinate the psychosocial needs of patients and their families.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- No professional certifications required
- 4 years of clinical training in social work, specialized nursing, psychology, psychiatry, and specialized education, or equivalent clinical training
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Specialized Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, or Specialized Education
- Master’s degree
- Previous experience in a medical setting and/or work with children and families
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Understanding of and familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to manage multiple and continually changing priorities and make rapid decisions
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to handle conflict and reach consensus and collaboration
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to interface with all sorts of people and handle difficult situations
- Proficient in a wide variety of software (e.g., Microsoft Office applications, database management)
- Personal organization and time management
- Human relations and teamwork
- Personal adaptability and motivation
- Conducts clinical assessments interviews with potential patients to obtain complete and accurate demographic and financial information.
- Ensures that all necessary questionnaires and forms are completed according to pre-determined requirements.
- Assesses client health and behavioral concerns using established protocols and independent judgment to ensure appropriate service line placement.
- Assesses severity of symptoms to gain an accurate understating of needs and guide patient to appropriate level of care.
- Provides information to patients/families regarding available resources for treatment.
- Coordinates the procurement of appropriate third-party payor authorization or contractual reimbursement terms.
- Conducts scheduling activity for appropriate service line and provider.
- Develops, maintains, and implements protocols, data collection tools, and communication mediums to ensure appropriate schedule placement and follow-up communications.
- Establishes relationships with service line clinical leaders to ensure activities comply with organizational guidelines and standards.
- Assists in developing instructional information to ensure appropriate treatment plan.
- Maintains excellent communication/critical thinking skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining production levels.
- Coordinates with clinical personnel and physicians to identify and manage the qualification and scheduling of patients based on appropriate treatment plan.
- Communicates in a courteous, prompt, and accurate fashion with all receiving service lines regarding expectant patients.
- Acts as liaison between patients and department staff by informing patients and families of procedures and delays, answering questions, and offering assistance.
- Ensures scheduling wait time communication occurs by updating scheduler and patient information tools.
- Participates in meetings and may serve on committees representing the department, including multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Provides information and clarification regarding child protection, custody, and safety issues.
- Maintains relevant knowledge base and enhances professional growth.
- Performs assigned departmental business functions.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1920 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services