Requisition Number: 51435
Employment Status: Full time
Shift Details: Evenings and Nights with Every other Weekend
This is the job opportunity where you can bring your valuable skills to life. At Carilion Clinic, our team provides vital skills, knowledge, and support to professional teams in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Clinical Associate acts as clerical support, receptionist, and unit resource in support of members of the unit health-care team. Performs basic clinical services relating to the care, cleanliness, safety, and comfort of patients.
The Clinical Associate job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Exhibits competent knowledge of EMR and assists with chart audits.
- Provides support for department/unit staff scheduling, including lunch assignments.
- May review medical record for outstanding orders and notifies nurse of stat orders and medication changes.
- Orders department/unit supplies and equipment and stocks/organizes supplies. Processes equipment between patients as needed (cleans unit based equipment and gathers supplies needed to operate equipment). Operates and maintains general office equipment.
- As competencies are appropriate, will manage admissions, transfers, and discharges. Coordinates patient flow into/out of area using department/unit specific software and Intranet. Schedules patient therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Receives and screens incoming calls via telephone and patient call system. Routes calls to appropriate individuals and takes messages accurately.
- Clinical Associates in Clinical Transport may be assigned to transports patients independently monitoring the patientâs condition en route and during procedures. May monitor and interpret EKG rhythms. Utilizes transportation algorithm to determine appropriate follow-up for emergent and /or urgent patient needs.
- Monitors cleanliness of the waiting and break rooms and performs safety/environmental rounds.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Clerical, medical terminology, and healthcare experience preferred. Previous experience in direct patient care desirable.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Must have successfully completed NA course or successfully challenged NA course with Carilion. Successful completion of AHA BLS-HCP required. Successful completion of Monitor Tech courses through Carilion required if working in a monitored area. Successful completion of phlebotomy and sheath courses through Carilion required if working in areas where the skill set is required. Certified Nursing Assistant Preferred. National Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication, and team-working skills required. Must be organized and self-motivated. Must have knowledge of office procedure and equipment. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position. Cardiac monitoring competency.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Recruiter Email: ELLipscomb@carilionclinic.org
Referral Bonus Program Reward Amount (if eligible): $0.00